As you identify the course(s) that you would like to take, be sure that:
- you meet the prerequisites for each course based on the course descriptions
- you do not have scheduling conflicts
- you choose both first and second choices for courses whenever possible
Once you have designed a program of study and are ready to apply:
- You must receive signed approval from your Campus Liaison Officer
Students who do not attend a MESC member school should contact the DISL Registrar for registration procedures.
Once you have received approval from your Campus Liaison Officer or the DISL Registrar, you may then submit your DISL Application for Admission. Please see registration procedures for detailed instructions.
Priority Registration Deadline - February 16, 2018
Because of limited class size (generally 18 per class), classes are often filled early. It is important that applications arrive at DISL by February 12 for priority registration. Applications will continue to be accepted until term begins; however, courses will fill early and students are encouraged to send their application before the priority registration date. Enrollment will begin immediately after the priority application deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be enrolled as space is available.
List of member schools
Application deadline for priority registration is February 16, 2018.
DISL will accept applications until the first day of class. However, students are encouraged to apply by the priority registration date, because classes will fill early.
1. Complete DISL application in print or online:
- Print and complete the DISL Application for Admission Form.
- Take the application advisement sheet to your Campus Liaison Officer for advising, approval and signature.
- Mail the signed application form, the advisement form, and a $75 application fee*. (Payment accepted includes: MasterCard, Visa, Discovery, American Express, and checks made payable to DISL. NO cash.)
Dauphin Island Sea Lab
c/o Regina Kollegger, UP Registrar
101 Bienville Blvd.
Dauphin Island, Alabama 36528
*Applications will not be accepted without the signature of your campus liaison officer on the advisement form and the $75 application fee. The application fee is non-refundable unless the course a student registered for is full or canceled and another choice is not an option.
- To apply online, please log onto our student application portal. Instructions will follow.
- Once your student account is created in our student portal, upload/submit a digital image, photo/scan of signed advisor's sheet.
- Complete online application with course choices.
2. Confirmation of enrollment at DISL
DISL will e-mail a confirmation of your enrollment at DISL after the priority registration deadline of February 16, 2018. It will include:
Once you login to your student account, you will be able to:
- View a listing of the course(s) that you have selected
- View the status of your enrollment at DISL in the course(s) (i.e. register, wait, drop)
- Your DISL bill payable online (amount due upon arrival at DISL for fees, room and board). DISL fees may be paid on a session-by-session basis if arranged beforehand with the DISL Bursar Ashley Foster.
3. Enrollment at your home campus
Once you have received notice from DISL that you are enrolled in classes at DISL:
- You MUST also register at your home campus and pay your home campus tuition (not applicable for Birmingham Southern Students).
- You MUST submit proof of home campus tuition paid and a schedule of courses registered for at your home campus. This can be done via email, online via student Populi account, or in person during registration.
In cases where your home institution does not permit you to register for classes before DISL classes begin and you fail to register when campus registration begins, you will be obligated to pay DISL directly for the cost of registration and tuition.
4. On-Campus Registration and Orientation at DISL
In order for you to attend any course at DISL, you must attend an on-campus registration and orientation session at DISL before your session begins.
At registration you will:
- Pay DISL charges (i.e. fees, room, board) if you did not pay online via your student Populi account.
- Provide the UP Registrar with a receipt of tuition paid at your home institution and a schedule of courses you registered for if you did not upload them online via your student Populi account. (You must register at your home campus to receive this proof of tuition paid and schedule of courses registered for.)
- Turn in all required forms/waivers if you did not complete and upload these online via your student Populi account. All waivers can be notarized at DISL registration.
Students attending non-DISL/MESC-Member schools may receive credit by arrangement between their institution and the DISL, or by registering as a transient student at a DISL-MESC member school.
Please contact the DISL UP Registrar, Regina Kollegger (251) 861-2141 for assistance with registration procedures.